Print this page and bring in store for coupon redemption.
Looking for a new refrigerator? Here are a few simple questions to ask before deciding what to buy.
What size space do you have available?
• Customers should make sure to measure the width, depth and height of the space where their new refrigerator will be placed.
• In the past, people with smaller cut-outs leaned toward top freezers. However,
options that include smaller versions of side-by-sides, bottom freezers and French-door bottom freezers are available.
• Counter-depth models are designed to be flush with countertops to provide a sleek, built-in appearance. These models are also the perfect solution for kitchens with a limited cutout depth, saving up to 5” of valuable floor space.
Do you and/or your family eat more frozen foods or fresh foods?
• If you eat more frozen foods, you will want a freezer that is easy to access and has a large capacity. Top freezers and side-by sides might be better options. Be aware that the freezer compartment in a side-by-side is narrower.
• Customers who eat more fresh foods may want a fresh food section that has more capacity. Bottom freezers keep all fresh foods at a higher level for easy reach and allow for the storage of wide items like deli trays.
Does your family eat a lot of fruits and vegetables?
• If yes, then you may want features like humidity-controlled crispers or dual evaporators that help keep fruits and vegetables fresh. Some Kenmore Elite side by- side models offer Fresh ’N Ready bins for easy access to produce on the door.
Do you want to get water and/or ice from the refrigerator without opening the door?
• Almost all side-by-sides and most bottom freezers provide filtered water from the door. Few top freezers provide this feature.
Is styling important to you?
• If you want a built-in look, you may want a counter-depth, side-by-side or bottom freezer. These models have less depth, leaving the cabinet flush with the countertops, but have slightly less capacity.
• External dispensers on certain models have a more integrated look with the refrigerator door.
• Some models have smooth, contoured doors.
• Some models have longer doors that hide the hinges.
Are you concerned about energy consumption?
• You may want to select a refrigerator that is designated as ENERG Y STAR® qualified. These models are at least 20% more energy efficient than the Department of Energy standard and can provide significant savings over the life of the refrigerator.
The most popular type of cooking appliance in America’s kitchens, freestanding ranges generally offer a full-size oven with four or more burners or heat elements on the cooktop.
• Most electric free-standing ranges place their controls on a backsplash behind the cooktop.
• The chief benefits of free-standing ranges are all-in-one simplicity, easy installation, and value.
• They generally cost less than similarly featured slide-in and drop-in models.
Slide-In and Drop-In Ranges
Slide-in ranges are similar in style and function to free-standing ranges, but are designed to be built in between two cabinets and do not come with finished side panels. Both slide-ins and drop-ins are designed for a more finished built-in look.
• Drop-in ranges require customized cabinetry with a cooktop that integrates fairly seamlessly with the countertop. They are dropped into the cutout with a cabinet front panel at the bottom. These ranges are available in electric coil and electric radiant (smooth top).
• May also be placed in a kitchen island.
• Control panels are generally placed in the front of the unit, eliminating the need for a backsplash.
A growing number of customers are looking for built-in cooking appliances, with a separate cooktop built into the countertop in one area and separate oven(s) underneath or built into the wall nearby.
• One of the main benefits of this configuration is for the way it looks.
• Many customers want to achieve the look and feel of a real professional kitchen, or to emulate the sleek, clean, contemporary design of modern European kitchens.
• Another key benefit is simple functionality.
Standard and Speciality Sizes
Ranges, cooktops, and ovens come in a variety of sizes.
• Most ranges are a standard 30” in width.
• There are also 36” and 40” models for replacing larger cutouts or for customers wanting more of a “commercial” look.
• Wall ovens are generally available in 27” and 30” widths, with some 24”models available as well. Most cooktops are either 30” or 36” models, with few exceptions.
• Make sure you don't cut their countertop or cabinets until they have received their product and have the installation instructions.
• Sears Installation will fit countertops and cabinets to the needed opening.
There are many options to choose from when buying a new refrigerator. This article will give you a quick overview of the different types and the benefits of each.
• Tend to be narrower than side-by-sides of comparable cubic foot capacity (29”-33”), but have a wider door‑swing.
• Offer a tremendous amount of storage versatility.
• Wide items (such as pizza boxes, deli trays and roasting pans) tend to fit more easily in a top freezer model.
• Typically, top freezer models cost less than side-by-sides and are more energy efficient
• Pull-out and glide-out features make it easier for you to see, reach and organize foods stored in the freezer.
• Fresh foods are stored at a more convenient height, making them easier to see and reach.
• The unique armoire doors in this bottom freezer model eliminate the center bar found in other side-by-side models.
• The French Door refrigerator has a larger freezer capacity than any other bottom-freezer model.
• This refrigerator is great for customers with a smaller kitchen or an island since the door opening is so much smaller.
• Tend to be wider than other refrigerators
• Full-height freezer next to a full-height refrigerator (66”-70”).
• Ice and water dispensers are available on most side-by-side models with water filtration.
• Fresh and frozen foods are stored at a convenient height, making them easy to see and reach.
• Come in larger maximum storage capacities.
• Tend to have a wider range of features to enhance performance and convenience.
Counter Depth Side-By-Side
• The built-in look without the built-in price. Over 5”‑shallower than similar width side by sides, fits flush with kitchen counters. This free standing unit can plug into any standard outlet.
How many loads of laundry do you estimate you dry per week?
The number of loads washed and dried depends upon how many people are in the household. A single person is not going to dry as many loads as an active family. Large capacity dryers should be purchased along with a large-capacity washer. A larger capacity dryer can dry larger loads more efficiently in less time. It can also dry larger items, such as comforters, more thoroughly. Shorter drying times extend the life of fabrics.
What drying cycles do you use most often?
Many customers use their dryers for various reasons. Some want to dry an entire load but keep out certain items they prefer to hang dry to prevent shrinking. Some like to throw in an item to help reduce wrinkles. Dryers today can perform a variety of functions, including Steam Refresh and releasing wrinkles to cut down on ironing.
Where is your laundry room located?
Quietness is often a factor for customers purchasing a laundry pair. While the washer generates noise so does the dryer. Advanced sound dampening on certain models can make dryers extremely quiet. That’s very important if the laundry pair is placed near living or sleeping areas. Laundry rooms are not placed just in the basement any longer; many customers have homes where the laundry room is on the second floor near bedrooms or is located right in the kitchen.
How often do you dry items that should not be tumbled in the dryer?
Many items simply should not be tumbled in the dryer, such as delicate sweaters, canvas shoes, or stuffed animals. A heated drying rack is a great accessory to any dryer because it gives the customer more options for how they want to dry their precious items.
Top Loading or Front Loading
Top-load versus front-load is mostly a customer’s preference of ergonomics. Both platforms have models that offer capacity, cleaning performance, fabric care and energy and water efficiency. Front loaders offer more flexibility in configuration as they can be stacked to save space.
Conventional or High Efficiency
Conventional washers are top loading washers with agitators in the basket. These deep fill machines fill almost completely with water. This is the least efficient laundry platform, however, some may be ENERGY STAR® qualified. High Efficiency, or HE, washers are all ENERG Y STAR® qualified and use reduced amounts of water and energy, only using enough water to get the clothes saturated. They come in both top load and front load platforms. Top load HE washers use a wash plate to move the clothes around for cleaning while front loaders use tumble action to clean the clothes. Although conventional washers are less expensive to purchase, HE washers provide savings on the cost of water and energy throughout the life of the product; often enough to cover the incremental cost of the product.
Full Size or Compact
The size of the laundry area and the capacity needed are the key factors used to determine whether a full-size or compact washer is needed.
• Full‑size washers are generally 27‑inches wide and will handle from 12 to 20 pounds of laundry.• Compact, space-saving models are generally 24‑inches wide and will handle 8‑ to 12‑pound loads.
Side-by-Side or Stacked
Dimensions of the laundry area frequently dictate whether the side by side or stacked configuration will be used.
• Both top load and frontload can be set up with the washers and dryers side-by-side. The standard configuration is the washer on the left and the dryer on the right. Side swing dryer doors are right hinged to make access from the washer easier. Dryer doors are generally reversible to left hinge if the dryer is needed to be placed on the left. Frontload washer doors can only be reversed on a few select models.
• Front loaders in side-by-side configuration can also be placed on pedestals that raise the pair 10-15 inches, allowing for better access.
• Front loaders can also be stacked with the dryer on top of the washer. This requires that the washer and dryer be matched. It is usually best to reverse the dryer door when stacking so that the washer and dryer open from the same side. An optional stacking kit is also required.
• Laundry Centers combine a washer and dryer in one unit with a top loading washer on the bottom and a dryer on top.
Sears Outlet Announces a new Store Opening in Novi, MI
Hoffman Estates, Ill. – Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD) announced today the Grand Opening of a new Sears Outlet location at 44075 W 12 MILE RD Novi, MI on November 3rd.
The outlet features some of the best names in appliances, tools, fitness equipment, TV’s, mattresses sets, lawn & garden, and more at 25-70% the retail price. The Novi outlet also carries Sears’ apparel at 60-80% off the retail price.
During the Grand Opening event the Novi Outlet will also feature special door buster’s and discount deals and an additional 10% off everything in the store!1 Plus all our Shop Your Way Rewards Members will receive one item of FREE APPAREL from 10am-12pm!2
“Sears is the leading retailer for washers, dryers and refrigerators in the country,” said JJ Ethridge, vice president and general manager, Sears Outlet. “Sears Outlets provide a great format for shoppers to buy nationally recognized brands at significantly reduced prices while still receiving the customer service, access to the same warranties and credit solutions offered at Sears’ full-line stores.”
The Novi outlet features brand names that include: Kenmore, Whirlpool, LG, and GE appliances, along with Craftsman, NordicTrack and Sony. The merchandise is new, one-of-a-kind, out-of-carton, discontinued, used, reconditioned, or scratched and dented. Irregularities prevent many items from being sold as new, which means they’re available at great values for our customers. Sears Outlets stores also carry name brands from other retailers.
The Novi outlet receives new shipments every week—from appliances to apparel—and prices are continuously marked down. Shoppers are encouraged to check back often for the latest models and styles; items can be taken home the same day or merchandise can be delivered.
Sears Outlets currently has over 120 locations throughout the United States and can be located by visiting www.searsoutlet.com.
About Sears, Roebuck and Co.
Sears, Roebuck and Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a leading broadline retailer providing merchandise and related services and is part of ShopYourWay, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through ShopYourWay.com. Sears, Roebuck offers its wide range of home merchandise, apparel and automotive products and services through more than 2,000 Sears-branded and affiliated stores in the United States and Canada, which includes over 810 Full-line and more than 1,270 specialty stores in the U.S. Sears, Roebuck also offers a variety of merchandise and services through sears.com, landsend.com, and specialty catalogs. Sears, Roebuck offers consumers leading proprietary brands including Kenmore, Craftsman, DieHard and Lands' End -- among the most trusted and preferred brands in the U.S. The company is the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 11 million service calls made annually. For more information, visit the Sears, Roebuck website at www.sears.com or the Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.
1 Excludes door busters and apparel.
2 One (1) free clothing item. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Offer excludes associates. Limited to 50,000 pieces of clothing nationwide per week. Excludes Outerwear, leather
coats, Levi’s®, dresses, Tex® and Boston Apparel®. Redeemable at participating Sears Outlet Stores only. One coupon per purchase per household. Void if copied, transferred or obtained through channels not approved by Sears Holdings. Void where prohibited by law. Any other use constitutes fraud. Cash value 1/20 cent. In an event of a return, coupon savings may be deducted from your refund. ©2012 Sears Brands, LLC. Valid Tuesday 4/3/12 in U.S.A. only, not to be used with any other coupon or associate discount. Must be a Shop Your Way RewardsSM member with a valid email address to qualify. Sign up in-store or on shopyourwayrewards.com.