Click the image above to shop our full selection of refrigerators.
Looking for a new refrigerator? Here are a few simple questions to ask before deciding what to buy.
What size space do you have available?
• Customers should make sure to measure the width, depth and height of the space where their new refrigerator will be placed.
• In the past, people with smaller cut-outs leaned toward top freezers. However,
options that include smaller versions of side-by-sides, bottom freezers and French-door bottom freezers are available.
• Counter-depth models are designed to be flush with countertops to provide a sleek, built-in appearance. These models are also the perfect solution for kitchens with a limited cutout depth, saving up to 5” of valuable floor space.
Do you and/or your family eat more frozen foods or fresh foods?
• If you eat more frozen foods, you will want a freezer that is easy to access and has a large capacity. Top freezers and side-by sides might be better options. Be aware that the freezer compartment in a side-by-side is narrower.
• Customers who eat more fresh foods may want a fresh food section that has more capacity. Bottom freezers keep all fresh foods at a higher level for easy reach and allow for the storage of wide items like deli trays.
Does your family eat a lot of fruits and vegetables?
• If yes, then you may want features like humidity-controlled crispers or dual evaporators that help keep fruits and vegetables fresh. Some Kenmore Elite side by- side models offer Fresh ’N Ready bins for easy access to produce on the door.
Do you want to get water and/or ice from the refrigerator without opening the door?
• Almost all side-by-sides and most bottom freezers provide filtered water from the door. Few top freezers provide this feature.
Is styling important to you?
• If you want a built-in look, you may want a counter-depth, side-by-side or bottom freezer. These models have less depth, leaving the cabinet flush with the countertops, but have slightly less capacity.
• External dispensers on certain models have a more integrated look with the refrigerator door.
• Some models have smooth, contoured doors.
• Some models have longer doors that hide the hinges.
Are you concerned about energy consumption?
• You may want to select a refrigerator that is designated as ENERG Y STAR® qualified. These models are at least 20% more energy efficient than the Department of Energy standard and can provide significant savings over the life of the refrigerator.
There are many options to choose from when buying a new refrigerator. This article will give you a quick overview of the different types and the benefits of each.
• Tend to be narrower than side-by-sides of comparable cubic foot capacity (29”-33”), but have a wider door‑swing.
• Offer a tremendous amount of storage versatility.
• Wide items (such as pizza boxes, deli trays and roasting pans) tend to fit more easily in a top freezer model.
• Typically, top freezer models cost less than side-by-sides and are more energy efficient
• Pull-out and glide-out features make it easier for you to see, reach and organize foods stored in the freezer.
• Fresh foods are stored at a more convenient height, making them easier to see and reach.
• The unique armoire doors in this bottom freezer model eliminate the center bar found in other side-by-side models.
• The French Door refrigerator has a larger freezer capacity than any other bottom-freezer model.
• This refrigerator is great for customers with a smaller kitchen or an island since the door opening is so much smaller.
• Tend to be wider than other refrigerators
• Full-height freezer next to a full-height refrigerator (66”-70”).
• Ice and water dispensers are available on most side-by-side models with water filtration.
• Fresh and frozen foods are stored at a convenient height, making them easy to see and reach.
• Come in larger maximum storage capacities.
• Tend to have a wider range of features to enhance performance and convenience.
Counter Depth Side-By-Side
• The built-in look without the built-in price. Over 5”‑shallower than similar width side by sides, fits flush with kitchen counters. This free standing unit can plug into any standard outlet.
Sears Outlet Announces a new Store Opening in Novi, MI
Hoffman Estates, Ill. – Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD) announced today the Grand Opening of a new Sears Outlet location at 44075 W 12 MILE RD Novi, MI on November 3rd.
The outlet features some of the best names in appliances, tools, fitness equipment, TV’s, mattresses sets, lawn & garden, and more at 25-70% the retail price. The Novi outlet also carries Sears’ apparel at 60-80% off the retail price.
During the Grand Opening event the Novi Outlet will also feature special door buster’s and discount deals and an additional 10% off everything in the store!1 Plus all our Shop Your Way Rewards Members will receive one item of FREE APPAREL from 10am-12pm!2
“Sears is the leading retailer for washers, dryers and refrigerators in the country,” said JJ Ethridge, vice president and general manager, Sears Outlet. “Sears Outlets provide a great format for shoppers to buy nationally recognized brands at significantly reduced prices while still receiving the customer service, access to the same warranties and credit solutions offered at Sears’ full-line stores.”
The Novi outlet features brand names that include: Kenmore, Whirlpool, LG, and GE appliances, along with Craftsman, NordicTrack and Sony. The merchandise is new, one-of-a-kind, out-of-carton, discontinued, used, reconditioned, or scratched and dented. Irregularities prevent many items from being sold as new, which means they’re available at great values for our customers. Sears Outlets stores also carry name brands from other retailers.
The Novi outlet receives new shipments every week—from appliances to apparel—and prices are continuously marked down. Shoppers are encouraged to check back often for the latest models and styles; items can be taken home the same day or merchandise can be delivered.
Sears Outlets currently has over 120 locations throughout the United States and can be located by visiting www.searsoutlet.com.
About Sears, Roebuck and Co.
Sears, Roebuck and Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a leading broadline retailer providing merchandise and related services and is part of ShopYourWay, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through ShopYourWay.com. Sears, Roebuck offers its wide range of home merchandise, apparel and automotive products and services through more than 2,000 Sears-branded and affiliated stores in the United States and Canada, which includes over 810 Full-line and more than 1,270 specialty stores in the U.S. Sears, Roebuck also offers a variety of merchandise and services through sears.com, landsend.com, and specialty catalogs. Sears, Roebuck offers consumers leading proprietary brands including Kenmore, Craftsman, DieHard and Lands' End -- among the most trusted and preferred brands in the U.S. The company is the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 11 million service calls made annually. For more information, visit the Sears, Roebuck website at www.sears.com or the Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.
1 Excludes door busters and apparel.
2 One (1) free clothing item. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Offer excludes associates. Limited to 50,000 pieces of clothing nationwide per week. Excludes Outerwear, leather
coats, Levi’s®, dresses, Tex® and Boston Apparel®. Redeemable at participating Sears Outlet Stores only. One coupon per purchase per household. Void if copied, transferred or obtained through channels not approved by Sears Holdings. Void where prohibited by law. Any other use constitutes fraud. Cash value 1/20 cent. In an event of a return, coupon savings may be deducted from your refund. ©2012 Sears Brands, LLC. Valid Tuesday 4/3/12 in U.S.A. only, not to be used with any other coupon or associate discount. Must be a Shop Your Way RewardsSM member with a valid email address to qualify. Sign up in-store or on shopyourwayrewards.com.
I recently purchased a refridgerator from the Sears Outlet in Greensboro NC. I was assisted by Brittany and Steven during my purchase and found them to be very knowledgable and friendly. They answered all of my questions and help me compare different brands and features that would best suit my needs. I have since then reccomended the store to 3 of my friends and will be going back for any other appliance purchases. Both cost and the customer service is what I look for when making purchases such as this and I was extremely satisfied on both accounts. I highly reccomend checking them out!Justin C. from Lewisville, NC
We arrived at the Sears Outlet today to investigate an LG fridge with Amanda assisting us. We were able to purchase the fridge and informed Amanda that we were going to keep an eye open for the rest of the appliances we had picked out for our new home. Amanda suggested that we investigate pricing using the Sears price match policy on brand new appliances. The prices (and service, of course!) were so exceptional that we ended up purchasing the new microwave and range that we've been researching, as well! When we are ready for the new washer and dryer we've got our eye on, we will happily be back to visit Amanda... she made our experience painless and was incredibly knowledgeable!James V. from Oakland Township, MI
Scott and other associates were extremely helpful. I am very satisfied as well with the appliances I purchased and with the persons who delivered and/or installed the items. Glad "scrath and dent" items are still available. I never buy ones that are pristine because of their prices and because I know that I, too, will end up giving them a little scratch and dent of my own - soon enough!Janice B. from st petersburg, FL
I was very satisfied and impressed with the service I received at the Outlet Store. There was a great selection of items. I can not say enough about the salesperson, Vivian, who helped me. She was informative and took her time with me explaining every detail of my purchase. So appreciate her very much! I will be recommending the Outlet Store to my friends and will tell them to look for Vivian!Eleanor J. from Fort Mill, SC
Derrek was very helpfull,I told him what I was looking for and he show me just what I was looking for.I bought a fridge. he also showed me 3 others so that I was sure of what I wanted. I couldn't ask for a better salesperson.I will be 80 in july and not many people are pasent with old people but he was very kind and helpful,I will sent family & friends to him.Mildred W. from Farmers Branch, TX
I recently purchased my washer and dryer from the Sears Oulet. Our sales rep. Alma was so helpful and extremely nice that I decided to return to buy my refrigerator from there as well. I am really big on customer service and she passed the test with an A++. Thanks for your great prices and great customer service!
Luis M. from Chula Vista, CA